What is EBMiA?
EBM in Action (EBMiA) is a series of CME activities conducted regularly and focusing on EBM hot topics & practical implementation of EBM in daily medical practice, with more emphasis on the major challenges facing practitioners and how the experts can help. EBMiA is an excellent opportunity for prompting needed debate and sharing practices in the field of EBM within the key stakeholder groups. It is hoped that continued discussion among the different disciplines involved will further improve EBM and, consequently, healthcare.
EBMiA learning Objectives:
- Describe the steps to EBM
- Develop the skills of formulating a clinical question in PICO format from a patient scenario
- Recognizing the types of clinical questions
- Learn to locate clinical evidence using Pubmed and other biomedical search engines
- Describe common study designs. Identify the major strengths and limitation of each.
- Identify which study designs are best for answering clinical questions related to
- To share experience in managing neuropathy & in the field of nerve care
- To recognize barriers to care and identify potential solutions to improve nerve care management
Who should attend EBMiA?
- Healthcare professionals involved taking evidence-based decisions, including physicians
offered new therapeutic options, generic formulations, biosimilars and other situations
where a decision based on evidence needs to be taken.
- Clinical pharmacists involved in assessing available & new treatment options.